Thursday, April 26, 2007

Calder laptop case suspension system revision

My original design was a system of small foam blocks placed around the interior of the laptop case - the post on this is here.

Thanks to the suggestion of an associate I've revised this to a single foam block recessed to hold the laptop.
In the final product extra protection will be provided by a crumple zone of softer foam around the edge of the recess.

The whole thing will be covered with soft cream coloured calfskin to match the interior of the case. Straps will hold the laptop in place.

This is a mock up I made this morning.

Laptop suspension.jpg

categories: laptop case

Calder blog home page
Calder website home page

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana Coronado said...

Heyy Nice blog!!
At least jeje, i found a blog of industrial design.
I hope you like mine!!
I'm an industrial designer too

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home