Friday, September 09, 2005

Cool Guys

Thanks to Tom at the indispensable Music Thing for his mention of my Gig Bag post.

And thanks to Blaine Brownell from Princeton University who responded so helpfully to my enquiry. Blaine's website on materials and much more is Transstudio and he writes writes the Product of the Week email newsletter - a thing of utility and elegance.

And big thanks to Dave Burrluck who writes for the UK edition of Guitarist magazine. Dave gave me an hour of his time and a hugely valuable number of insights on the way guitarists transport their instruments and the market for gig bags vs cases - this kind of support make my life so much richer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings and Salutations....

I stumbled across your website while doing a web search for the Incase Tour bag (which I'd still dearly love to find one for sale). So far, I've liked that one, a few various Ritter cases, and the Gigskinz electric just for sheer aesthetics.

The whole field of Design is something I wish I'd pursued back in college.....erognomics, aesthetics, user interfaces, etc. There's a very nice crossover with certain concept/science fiction artsits such as Moebius and Syd Mead (amongst many others). So your blog is very interesting in that respect....seeing the whole design process from start to finish.

How much does the work of other companies/artists influence you?

One thing that helped sell me on the design of the Incase Tour bag was the .pdf product files on Incase's 2004 website. Are you planning on something similar when your designs are finalized and marketed?

And now I'm cursed with looking all over the web for a new backpack that catches the eye. ;-)

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home