Thursday, August 12, 2010

James Trussart guitars - inspirational rock wabi sabi

Years ago at my first visit to NAAM I was bowled over by the guitars of James Trussart. Here's a man who takes classic guitar designs and builds them in rusty and perforated metal. This is exciting and inspriring and captures something of the very essence of rock music and America.

In the early 90's I drove from N. Carolina to Nashville. Taking back roads along the way I was struck by the number of rusty old autos and farm machines littered around farmsteads. In Europe it seems we've tidied a lot of this stuff away - making our countryside more a museum than a working place.

I like rusty machinery, I like that Neil Young called one his albums 'Rust Never Sleeps' and I'm grateful that a Frenchman has put rust into some great guitars. And of course rust is just another aspect of Wabi Sabi

Trussart Rusto matic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home