Saturday, May 28, 2005

The Calder Guitar Case Story Ch 3 Enter Superhappybunny

Feb 04 ENTER SUPERHAPPYBUNNY
Emailing every design school in the US - looking for cool designers into great American icons like Airstreams, Stats etc
Marty Smith at the Art Center LA suggested Superhappybunny and Keck Craig Inc ...enter Bart Haney, SHB Vector Director and Henry Keck, KCI's Founder.

Mar 04 SEETHRU ANGRY
At this I was hooked on the idea of a translucent case that reveal the beauty of the guitar...(was this smart ?) Also I was moving towards making the case less organic looking and more fierce more rock n roll - so this is what I sent Bart.
seethru angry horiz

April 04 MEETING WITH THE BIG GUYS
I have meetings with a bunch of heavyweight US guitar makers and such who are curious enough about my written proposal to take meetings with me. The venue is the Frankfurt Musikmesse a gigantic music products fair. I need to show them something - I land in Frankfurt - this illustration from Bart is waiting in my room.
Frankfurt ill 1

categories: early development

Calder blog homepage
Calder website homepage

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to said this case looks realy neat. One of the most original ideas ive seen. goo job

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home